Since we started remote learning in Spring 2020, we have created and cultivated a variety of resources for students and faculty. Here is a collection of videos and materials that members of the TCNJ community can use as they access TCNJ resources from home. You can find all videos on our YouTube account as well.
Students can make an appointment with any of our advisors through our booking links on our Contact Us page. If you’re not sure who to make an appointment with, you can fill out this survey to be matched with an advisor. You will receive a confirmation email detailing how to connect with your advisor (either via Google Meet or Zoom).
Faculty members can sign up for an individualized advising workshops/best practice session by clicking here (select last option).
Students, faculty, and staff can register to attend our academic success workshops here.
Advising Help for Faculty
- Virtual Advisor Training Series: Advising Models, Responsibilities, and Expectations
- Virtual Advisor Training Series: Policies and Procedures
- Virtual Advisor Training Series: Preparing for Registration
- Virtual Advisor Training Series: Unique Student Cohorts
- Virtual Advisor Training Series: Liberal Learning
- Virtual Advisor Training Series: Using PAWS as an Advisor
- Virtual Advisor Training Series: Academic Requirements Page
- Virtual Advisor Training Series: What-if Reports
- PAWS Help Tutorials for Faculty/Staff (Records and Registration)
- Mid-Term Progress Reports: Making Notes and Reviewing in PAWS (created by Dr. Madden, School of Education)
- Using the Appointment Feature in Google Calendar
- Adding Video Conferencing to Google Calendar Event
- Using Google Meet for Advising: Advisor Guide
- TCNJ Advising Resources Page (Records and Registration)
- Readings and Resources on Academic Advising (external link to NACADA)
- Advisor Training Video Feedback
Advising Help for Students
- Preparing for an Advising Session
- Using the PAWS Student Center and Finding Registration Appointment
- Searching for Courses in PAWS
- Using the Shopping Cart in PAWS
- Using Academic Requirements Page in PAWS (labeled as advisor training but is applicable to students as well)
- Using the What-If Report in PAWS (labeled as advisor training but is applicable to students as well)
- Searching for a Specific Liberal Learning Requirement in PAWS
- Using Google Meet in an Advising Session
Advice, Tips, and Workshops